Washington County Historical &Genealogical Society
Hall of Fame
WASHINGTON COUNTY HALL OF FAME
FOUNDED JANUARY 14, 2002
The Washington County Museum Board of Directors in cooperation with the Washington County Commission has founded the Washington County Hall of Fame. The date of the first induction's were held on Friday, April 19, 2002 at 2:00 p.m. in the Washington County Courthouse. Several other organizations in the county have been offered the opportunity to become a partner in this service to the citizens of the county.
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR INDUCTION INTO THE HALL OF FAME, A CANDIDATE MUST MEET ONE OF THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
The people nominated should be role-models and should have established a high level of achievement in their field or have significantly contributed to improving the quality of life for the citizens of Washington County. To be eligible for selection and induction into the Hall of Fame an individual, couple or group must meet at least one of the following eight criteria.
1. EDUCATION: A person, couple or group through untiring dedication has inspired students to achieve above or beyond expectations.
2. MUSIC/FINE ARTS: The individual, couple or group will have achieved knowable recognition and success in their field which has resulted in enhancing the image of Washington County.
3. BUSINESS AND INDUSTRY: A person, couple or group has provided leadership in the economic growth and/or job opportunities for the citizens of Washington County.
4. GOVERNMENT: An individual who has demonstrated remarkable leadership in representing or improving a government agency for the benefit of the people of Washington County.
5. HEALTH AND MEDICAL FIELD: A person, couple or group who has displayed leadership in providing improved opportunities in the well being of the general population or a specific group within the county.
6. RELIGION: An individual, couple or group who has lived in Washington County and has made a significant impact on the spiritual needs of the residents of the county.
7. COMMUNITY SERVICE: A person, couple or group that has provided significant leadership, time and/or resources resulting in an improvement of the quality of life in Washington County.
8. A NATIVE OF WASHINGTON COUNTY: Has achieved significant status, fame or position in a career or endeavor that provides a positive reflection on the people and culture of the County.
The members of the Washington County Museum Board are Wayne Blackwell, Chairman; Rev. Richmond Chaney, V. Chairman; Inez Young, Secretary; Carol Bumpers, Treasurer; members - Judge Charles Singleton, Micki Savage, Judge Jerry Turner, Wanda Braun & Jim Long represents the Old St. Stephens Commission, Olivia Parnell, Harold Hartley, Dr. LeBaron Byrd, Dr. Paul Petcher, Emeritmus Member, and Barbara Waddell, Curator.
To Nominate Someone for the W.C.H.G.S. Hall of Fame, please fill out this preliminary form. Please include a brief description of why you believe this person belongs in the Hall of Fame.
For Additional Information Please Email:
Previously Inducted Members